Pages

Wednesday, 15 October 2008

It figures

In my admin job I mainly work with words, not figures, which suits me just fine. I like words. Writing them, reading them, that's my kind of thing.

When it comes to working with figures, it has to be said that me n' those number things don't always see eye to eye but there comes a time you have to call a truce, and that day finally arrived. On Tuesday I took on a great big one-off finance challenge, so big that it's spanning two working days. One day down, and it hasn't beaten me yet. I'm smiling through my nervous breakdown.

I need to go to bed now, to get as much quality sleep to prepare my finance-unfriendly brain to engage once more in the battle with the spreadsheets tomorrow, by the end of which I will emerge triumphant. Either that or there's a deluxe padded cell booked for me for tomorrow night :)

No comments: