It's not been the greatest 7 days, has it? (And I don't just mean for Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross, ha ha)
Whilst walking home from work last Monday I went over on my left ankle and fell down, spraining my ankle and sustaining some very painful cuts and bruises.
Then on Friday at work it happened again, same thing. Have now attributed my repeated falls to a pair of very unlucky shoes which I will never wear again.
I do have a tendency to fall over quite regularly. Before you ask, this always happens when (a) I'm sober and (b) I'm wearing flat shoes. I can't wear high heels, but it seems that I'm not immune to getting up close and personal with the pavement even when wearing flat shoes.
The double-falls of last week are small fry compared to the Great Fall of 1999, during which I sustained a knee injury which is recurring even to this day. Then I had a very bad fall in June 2007 which I mentioned over at EuropeCrazy.
All this has knocked my confidence somewhat. Was feeling very sorry for myself on Friday but at least I've managed to get through the weekend without falling over :)
Here's a picture of my left knee: scary isn't it!! People of a nervous disposition, look away now...
No comments:
Post a Comment