Pages

Friday, 9 January 2009

What do you want for tea? I want crisps!

So it's Friday night and here I am at EuropeCrazy HQ, minus faithful travelling companion. :(

Tonight's date has been called off due to FTC's nasty bout of conjunctivitis, poor thing. I feel a spot of gratuitous blogging coming on.

I need to share something with you. I am....a crispaholic. Yes, I love potato crisps (or for my North American readers, potato chips) and unfortunately it is an addiction that I just can't cure, and don't particularly want to. Which also goes a long way to explaining my "battle of the bulge" and my WeightWatchers Online membership which has gone on a little bit longer than originally planned..!

So it was with great joy that I discovered this week that Golden Wonder Golden Lights are back. In Poundland. Yay and rejoice, rejoice, rejoice. In these credit-crunching days you've got to grab every bargain you can. At the end of the day, if you are going to eat crisps you might as well be sensible and choose the low-calorie low-fat option, and these fit the bill. Specially the Salt & Vinegar ones, yum. Technically, they are not crisps as we know it, but a more than acceptable substitute for Discos.

I miss Walkers Potato Heads though.

4 comments:

Keira said...

Darn it, you've made me fancy a big bag of walkers now :( We have pringles here, but no walkers. And they only sell other crisps in those huge 200gm bags - clearly intended for sharing, but you can guess what happens when purchased by a single gal...

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

So it's just like everywhere else on the continent....no multipacks so you're left with the option of a big 200g bag. What a dilemma indeed...oh so let's just open it. :)))

Raquelita said...

Hehe,same here in Germany.I did buy a 6 pack of Wotsits for 3 Euros (!) in the British off licence place the other day though.But after 4 months here,a 25g bag just isn't enough for me :)

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

3 Euros! You can get a 9 pack in Poundland for £1 these days.

A 25g bag is never enough for me either, so needless to say it's one bag, then another, then another...