Pages

Saturday, 25 April 2009

Is it wrong to feel so good?

I haven't random-rambled since my return from Sweden so, almost one week later, here goes....

I am still on such a major (natural) high that I can't really describe it. Last weekend was the best weekend of my life. I went to Gothenburg, the sun shone constantly, our hotel was great, no flight delays, no spanners in the works, everything was perfect.

I met Salem Al Fakir - one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He may be a musical genius, but he also happened to be such a lovely, warm, kind and generous individual - and a fantastic live performer in the concert which followed....read my review over at Planet Salem of course.

Life is pretty surreal just now. Next Tuesday and Wednesday I'm running a two-day training course at work - the first one I've done in 3 and a half years. I should be a nervous wreck, but I just keep reassuring myself that I can do it, because if I managed to talk to Salem, my absolute musical hero, for 45 minutes without tripping over my words, I should be able to speak about a part of my job which I've been doing for almost 15 years. Fingers and everything else crossed !!!

This time next week not only will it be all over, but I'll have finished up for my next foreign trip (Dusseldorf) so it will be party time once again :)

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

I'm trying to think what I'd be like if I met my absolute musical hero,Teitur.Apart from "um...I fink your music's really good" I'd have no idea what to say! So 45 minutes is pretty impressive :) I'm sure the course will be fine.After the first 10 minutes or so,you'll get used to it and it'll all be easy :)

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

I had typed up a list of questions in advance to ask him, as I thought I'd probably go to pieces!! It totally surprised me too that I was able to speak to him for that length of time, especially as I'm quite a shy person, yet he put me at ease from the first second I met him. He really was so lovely and it was like speaking to a close friend rather than my musical hero. I really hope you get to meet Teitur one day!

I'm not too nervous about the course now...I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks for your kind words of support!