Did you ever get that feeling that someone or something had sneaked in during the night whilst you were asleep and removed your brain/ability to think straight/ability to feel good/ability to cope with everything life throws at you, etc etc?
That's been my week. I can't put my finger on it, but it's like some external forces pushing buttons, pushing and pulling me in all directions and I feel like I'm going to explode. It'll pass of course, it always does....but I've gone from this carefree happy person firing on all cylinders to someone who's even struggling to fire up the one.
During my teenage years I borrowed a book about biorhythms from my local library. It described how three cycles - physical, emotional, and intellectual, control your ability to function in these areas, and are worked out according to your date of birth. As usual, there's more info at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biorhythm
I never thought anymore about this until a couple of years back, when thanks to the internet I decided to investigate it all once more. I have the odd glance at my horoscope from time to time, but I don't really go too deeply into astrological matters (Libra btw: apparently I'm compatible with Aquarius - aha! faithful travelling companion! - and my objective is to seek fairness and balance in all things. Yep.)
However, I do check my biorhythm chart every couple of weeks and find it spookily accurate. I use http://sitefoundry.com/biorhythms/ to calculate my chart and unsurprisingly this week, all three cycles are appropriately on a downward slide, although intellectually there should be an improvement in the next week or so. Which may or may not make for better blog posts :))
1 comment:
Hmm, sounds quite an interesting theory. We have had lectures on biorythms in terms of hormonal cycles (daily ones as well as the obvious monthly ones). And I found all that quite fascinating.
Anyway, so thought I'd give it a look. It says my emotional stability is high and my physical is really low. I started a new exercise regime yesterday in an attempt to improve my mental state. So I wouldnt say its that accurate for me. But I might read up on the theorys behind it a bit more anyway. Seems interesting.
Post a Comment