1. The normal Sunday practice of making home-made carrot and coriander soup for the Monday and Tuesday lunch was abandoned. As 'creature of habit' is my middle name, I think my workmates might all keel over in shock when I bring in a new flavour of home-made soup, i.e. butternut squash, red pepper and onion soup, adapted from a recipe on the WeightWatchers website. With copious amounts of dried chives on top. Voila!
It looks and smells rather nice I must admit, but it doesn't have to look good, it has to taste good too. Think it will though. I actually made so much of it that it will do me for three days so that should be enough time to get used to it!!
EDIT 06.07.09, 12.14 pm: Yum.........oh yes. I like it. Most tasty.
2. My chilled-out Sunday afternoon surfing was abandoned for a bout of extreme de-cluttering in my bedroom, which resembled less of a bedroom and more of a home for unwanted plastic bags full of magazines, brochures and other paper-type things etc which I should really have binned many moons ago. I also got rid of a few cassette tapes, from the pre-download days when you taped the top 40 off the radio (!) anyway no point in keeping them as they've all been transferred to CD. It was a very therapeutic exercise, although in these days of fortnightly rubbish collections you now have to pace your de-cluttering from one fortnight to another, as there's still a week to go till the bins are emptied....
No comments:
Post a Comment