So British Summer Time is officially over. The clocks went back last night, it's 6pm and it's dark outside. If like me you suffer from 'SAD' syndrome, with a depression heightened by a lack of natural daylight, the period between the end of October and the end of March can be terrible at times. Having said that I managed to get through the whole of last winter without too many episodes of it, and am hoping for the same this year. Just need to keep myself occupied - won't have any problem with that as there is always lots to do!
Like one outstanding job which took all day today and couldn't wait any longer: the wardrobe/drawers clearout, to make room for my new autumn/winter clothes. There is now a very large pile of clothes in the corner of my bedroom which will be going off to the charity shops and hopefully their next owner will enjoy wearing them as much as I did.
The blogging is also very good therapy: there's always lots to write about at this time of year so it also takes my mind off the winter blues.
I have one horrible leftover from last week's cold-from-hell: can't stop coughing and my voice regularly breaks into a croak. My poor mum, whose list of health problems just seems to be getting longer and longer, now also has the very same cold too. As if she's not got enough to worry about :(
Good news: lost 3lbs last week. After quitting Weight Watchers I'm now on what I call the 'Frank Sinatra Plan' - I'm doing it 'My Way' (!) and not following any particular diet this time. As I wasn't well enough to exercise I just watched what I was eating and drank lots of water. Loving fruit at the moment, particularly raspberries which are just my most favourite fruit and as my dieting chums say that they are a particular 'fat burner'. There's quite a bit to burn so they will have their work cut out :)))) At least now I'm feeling better so I'm going to start exercising again this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment