Pages

Wednesday, 13 January 2010

The return of...pavements!

The last 48 hours have just brought more personal lows (and extreme lows in some cases), leading me to believe that the beginning of 2010 reminds me more of 2007 (yes that bad) anyway I'm looking on the brighter side today.

Pavements are back! Yes finally after four weeks of snow, the pavements have begun to re-emerge. I'd forgotten what they looked like, and indeed forgot how to walk on them - got so used to walking that funny way you do on snow and ice.

The world's most insignificant Christmas lights are still up and still lit in my town. Have they not heard of Twelfth Night? No wonder we get so much bad luck :)

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

Virtual,online hugs from Guildford,hope things are better soon :)

I haven't dared go into town yet,Guildford High Street is a steep hill.Me,a hill and ice is never going to end well.

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Aww thanks and virtual hugs to you too!

The 'situation'(work thing) left me feeling totally demoralised and angry. I felt more like my usual happy self today, and could smile and laugh about stuff again, whereas all I could do for the two previous days was cry. I'm now being philosophical about it and moving on (in a kind of Sarah Dawn Finer mode, ha ha)

At least the latest episode of the ongoing home improvement saga will
be over by next week, after which time I'll be going into full house-painting mode!!

Maybe Guildford High Street could be negotiated by bobsleigh/luge/skis. Well it is almost Winter Olympics time after all! You never know, you might end up in the British team :)