Pages

Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Red sky at night / The joy of blogging

It was probably one of those occasions when I should have taken a photo on my all-singing all-dancing new phone, but instead I was too busy rushing down the road on my way home from work. It's a joy to be coming home in daylight (well, almost dusk) instead of darkness. Anyway I looked up at the sky and I was captivated for a moment by the clouds, which looked like grey waves lapping against the shore, and there was a little red border around each one. And no before you ask, I haven't been on the sherry trifles, but sometimes the strangest little freaks of nature just stop you in your tracks and that's what happened early this evening.

Busy but happy times at the moment. I know that blogging is only a hobby and probably shouldn't mean too much in the grand scheme of things, but it has opened up a whole exciting world for me and brought me a lot of happiness. The last week has particularly been wonderful and incredibly surreal: due to Salem's appearance in Melodifestivalen, this resulted in record visiting figures to Planet Salem since Saturday. It's delightful when you realise that other people are reading a blog which you initially started for your own interest - whether it's one person or a thousand. It's not an ego thing, but the joy of realising that other people like the same things that you do, and you're not really alone in your interest after all. Life, once again, is good.

The diet's about to take a hammering this week though, thanks to the double-whammy of faithful travelling companion's birthday tomorrow (and the resulting dinner at our fave local Indian eaterie) and then I'm taking a day off work on Friday and hanging out with him in the big city. Which of course means lunch.

It's only a minor blip though: I'm now into an exercise routine and also walking to and from work again!

No comments: