It started off very badly with a recurring household repair/emergency resulting in me having to take a day off work, but at least I tried to make the best of my sitting-around-waiting time by continuing to learn new wonderful things about my new(ish) phone, and continuing to catch up with my Winter Olympics backlog (only a week of it still to watch - that's the worst of living in a different time zone)
And still in gadgets-ville, some good news: last weekend I made the decision to buy a new computer - a laptop - replacing my trusty but now failing desktop dinosaur (born 2001, and soon to depart 2010). After much deliberation and comparing which resulted in my eyes almost popping out my head last night, the decision was made to go for a state of the art futureproof model - which presumably means that it won't become obsolete until, ooh, at least April 2010.
Anyway it's due to arrive tomorrow!
So I probably won't be around too much in the next few days as I'll be bonding with the new arrival, installing programs, getting my internet up and running and the like...between now and Friday I'll probably do most of my blogging and tweeting from work.
1 comment:
Bonding with the new arrival!
Hope all goes well.I dug out my prehistoric laptop at home last week to work on my dissertation.I never realised how much I missed it- it doesn't overheat,the fan doesn't deafen me,and it has a nice keyboard.However,it does weigh a ton and the wireless function is knackered,so ultimately I made the right choice I think :)
Post a Comment