In just under two hours the World Cup final will be starting: Holland v Spain, soundtracked by an orchestra of vuvuzelas....I'm going to miss vuvuzelas. Everyone hates them, but I actually quite like them. That seems to be the story of my life: I get on well with some people that others hate, I like music that others hate, and I like vuvuzelas. Probably because they appeal to my juvenile sense of humour: listening to a football match is like a whole stadium of people all breaking wind at once. Just as well it's not smell-o-vision.
Since the World Cup started, I've been parked in front of the TV most nights watching football, gorging on nibbles, and getting so fat that I'll soon be a prime candidate for a Channel 5 shock-doc. This also coincided with a period of extreme chronic back pain which meant I couldn't exercise, and a period of extreme stress which I decided to address by...comfort eating.
So now that the World Cup is over, there are no more excuses. Tomorrow the new regime starts, and this time I mean it!! Exercise, careful eating and staying focused - that's the plan.
I'm also quite excited by my return to full-time blogging next week :)
2 comments:
I'd never thought of vuvuzelas like that before! I think I'll miss them actually- much rather listen to them than tuneless England fans anyway.
I'll miss everything about the World Cup actually,just glad Le Tour is still going on- that softens the blow a bit :)
Yes despite the tournament being such a disappointment, I'm really going to miss it.
I'll catch up with the Le Tour highlights show tomorrow, although I'm not looking forward to hearing them drone on about Cadel Evans though, as he's always annoyed me for reasons I can't understand. It's been a cracking first week hasn't it!
Post a Comment