Having formed such a bond with Cuddles over the past 8 days, both my mum and I now admit that we have to let go. She is not a pet after all; she is a wild rabbit and we can only hope that if and when she leaves us (most likely soon), that she move on to a place where she is happy and free to roam.
I seem to have discovered a previously hidden talent for producing made-to-order ringtones. Having done one for my own phone (this is going to be a really difficult guess, right? Clue: "I was aiming for the sky") I did one for my friend at work who wanted a specific song which was in the charts a couple of years ago, and she's very happy with it. Just call me Jamster. Only without the Crazy Frog. Brrrrr-ding-ding-ding...aha happy memories - NOT!
The diet, or whatever you call it, has completely gone off the rails this week. With about 8 weeks to go until our as yet undecided summer holiday, I still haven't given up hope. Will need to get a grip. You can tell how committed I am at the moment, so committed that I went out with faithful travelling companion to our fave local Cantonese restaurant.
The weather - everyone's favourite conversation topic - has been depressingly wet for the last couple of weeks, just call it monsoon season. The shops are still full of summer clothes, but you wonder what's the point of buying them when you're probably only going to wear them for one week on a summer holiday abroad? Thus I have hit on a credit-crunching solution. If I go to a hot country in September, as is likely, I will wear last year's summer holiday clothes, which have been unworn since last summer's holiday. And the ones from two years ago, and so on. Because I haven't seen anything in the shops which I like better than what is already in my wardrobe.
Although I don't like the winter weather, I love winter fashion more than summer clothes. I love coats and boots and winter hats and scarves and big cosy cardigans....can't really say the same for short shorts and vest tops. Or the ultimate summer wear for that matter: an anorak.
No comments:
Post a Comment