Pages

Monday, 9 August 2010

New week, new challenges!

On Saturday I bought a pedometer as I'm curious about just how many steps I take each day. Aren't you supposed to walk 10,000 or thereabouts?

Today, apparently, my walk to work consisted of the grand total of 1315 steps. As I'm mainly desk-bound, I don't get so much walking whilst at work, but I do have a little trek at lunchtime so I'll be counting again.

Edit: actually I forgot to put the pedometer on at lunchtime, so today's steps won't be such an accurate reading.

Big fanfare....today's total steps including walking to and from work followed by brief aerobics/exercise session = 3134. Hmm. I'll smash that total tomorrow because Tuesday is lunchtime power-walk day :)))

It's going to be quite an emotional week ahead: my best friend at work, who is a good few years older than me, is retiring this week. On the one hand I'm really happy for her, and she's getting out at the right time (!) but on the other hand I'm really going to miss her of course. (We will of course be keeping in touch). Anyway I think it's beginning to hit me now that this is her final week, we've worked together (in the same building, originally in the same section but then in different sections) for 15 years, so it's only natural that I'm feeling a bit down about it now :(

No comments: