Pages

Sunday, 15 August 2010

Sunday morning swimming, inch loss and pedometers

As part of my ongoing fitness drive I went to my local swimming pool this morning. I hadn't been in a swimming pool since my summer holiday last September so I thought it was about time that I went back.

And then I realised why I hadn't been for so long. Half the pool fenced off for swimming lessons, and no room to swim because of some seriously beyond-morbidly obese people. No offence to big people - I'm no stick insect myself, but these people were huge, massive, in a Channel Five 'Britain's Fattest Swimmers'-documentary-kind-of-way.

Anyway I enjoyed it, when I did actually get some space to swim :)

In related news, I didn't lose any weight this week but there's good news on the inch loss front. In the past two weeks I've lost 3½" in total, from various places!

Never managed 10,000 steps per day with the pedometer though - came very close yesterday with 9433 steps and walked a total of 4.67 miles. More about that adventure, later tonight over at EuropeCrazy.

No comments: