Pages

Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Do as I say, not as I do

I ranted recently about everything my town doesn't have. What it does have is lots of fish and chip shops and takeaway shops, all fighting for our cash, particularly the lucrative school dinner market. Whilst out at lunchtime today, I couldn't believe the number of high school pupils standing outside a chip shop, (not one of the better chip shops either) eating sausages and burgers and chips. I shook my head and pondered depressingly to myself about the next generation of the obesity crisis, no wonder we're the sick man of Europe, blah blah blah.

So far so good. But then I made my way to another chippy - now this is one of the best - ....and entered it.

Fritters. Yum.

Yes I know I'm a bit overweight, and have a family history of heart disease, and that I'm storing up major problems for myself for the future, but hey....what the heck. Sometimes you just have to.

October 2010: payback time.

1 comment:

Raquelita said...

If this was Facebook,I'd be clicking the "like" button :) Eating isn't just a function,it should be enjoyed at all times.