In the words of the ancient Azerbaijan philosopher...."drip drop, drip drop".
That's the sound of my nose this evening. This morning I woke up with a slightly ticklish feeling in my throat, followed by a stinging in my ears, then the dripping started at precisely 3.45 pm this afternoon, followed by a very aggressive bout of sneezing which has lasted for the past five hours. Add to that my impersonation of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (10 weeks early, I know) and voila! Your humble blogger is in the depths of the annual October Cold, which I could probably set my watch to every year.
Hoping, hoping, hoping it won't last long. Maybe that was why I've been feeling so down lately, because this was working on me?
Anyway it's a good excuse to get the cosy winter pyjamas on and wallow in self-pity, interrupted by violent sneezing of course. I'm sitting here, in my bed, with two hankies stuffed up my nose. A more glamorous image you couldn't possibly think of :)
Update tomorrow. For now though, it's paracetamol, a hot water bottle and an early night - well early for me anyway - lights out at 11pm tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment