Pages

Monday, 28 February 2011

Fancy a cuppa?

I meant to mention a few weeks ago that my old espresso machine decided after three years that it didn't want to be my espresso machine any more and conked out. So the search began for a replacement. I was pretty shocked to find that you couldn't get a half decent machine for 30 quid anymore - and that the going rate is now (at the very least) double that. After all my price comparisons it was John Lewis which delivered the best deal on my very handsome new DeLonghi espresso/cappuccino maker, which is pictured above, and which has now had pride of place in my kitchen for the last month or so.

It makes top quality espresso and thanks to that little tampering gadget it also produces the 'crema' which you get in proper espresso bought in proper coffee shops so I'm well pleased. Hope I get at least another three years out of it :)

No comments: