British Summer Time is here. Hooray!! And for once it actually started with bright skies, dry weather and a bit of sunshine. No I'm not hallucinating!!
One thing I particularly love about summer is the summer fragrance: those special editions of perfume which try to capture the feel of the season with light, fruity scents. My favourite summer fragrances are made by Escada, and this year's edition is Taj Sunset which boasts their trademark mango aroma. I bought it yesterday in The Perfume Shop, which is currently doing a special promotion where you also get a free cosmetic bag along with the 30 ml bottle for £19.99. More info here.
Recently it has been a personally difficult time for different reasons. I'm not going to write about that part of my life, if only out of respect to my loved ones, but I only mentioned this to put in context why I maybe haven't had the time, the inclination or the energy to blog so much of late. But I am filled with hope and welcome the change of season.
Even if 'summer' inevitably fails to deliver on the weather front, I love it when the days get longer, the nights get lighter and you suddenly feel like you have all this extra time on your hands. Which will inevitably be devoted to damage limitation in the garden and catching up on all that painting and decorating which I totally neglected in the summer of 2010. My plan for a blog break every three months is going well and I'll be taking another month off in April.
No comments:
Post a Comment