After the extreme depression and alienation of recent weeks (and gloomy tweets), it is a relief to write a blog post which isn't soaked in doom and gloom. Yes, I'm hoping that I have finally turned the corner. I woke up on Friday morning and for the first time in weeks, the massive cloud had lifted, the fog started to fade and it was as if I had finally got myself back again. Other little things have happened too, which will probably help me to move onwards and upwards in the coming weeks and months.
Oh, and we have finally booked our holiday to Croatia in September! These days of course, we can't really plan too far ahead, but fingers crossed that all is well at that time, and I finally get to fulfil one of my outstanding holiday ambitions at long last.
One thing which never changes is my continuing quest to lose weight, and have started yet again. I've lost 3lbs in two weeks, a slow but steady start. The unexpectedly warm weather of the past few weeks - no, I never thought I'd ever see myself writing that sentence either! - has been very nice, but it's been too warm to throw myself back into an ongoing exercise programme. I have been back on the exercise bike though: it's a great way to exercise, although I'll need to get back to doing my aerobics if I want to get the desired results in the coming weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment