...a cordless grass and hedge trimmer, which I got a good deal on, and which genuinely provided one of those "where have you been all my life?" moments. Regular readers of this blog over the years will be familiar with my gardening trials and tribulations (living in an area which is an extension of a public park and therefore it's impossible to maintain anything approaching a decent garden). High grass and weeds are a fact of life where we live, even for the householders who have invested in paving/slabs, only for them to be covered over by the aforementioned high grass/weeds.
To get the best out of this equipment you need to purchase a separate compatible handle (which cost almost as much as the cordless trimmer!). It may feel like you're 'digging the desert with a spoon' in a huge, sprawling garden but it certainly gets results, effortlessly cutting through high grass, weeds and hedges. Having had weeks of constant rain, the high grass hadn't had the chance to dry out but again this was no obstacle to the magic machine. Eventually we had a couple of days without rain, sufficient time to dry out the grass and this enabled me to cut it with the lawnmower.
This summer may have been a write-off in so many ways, but at least I now have the tools to make a very difficult job much easier.
To get the best out of this equipment you need to purchase a separate compatible handle (which cost almost as much as the cordless trimmer!). It may feel like you're 'digging the desert with a spoon' in a huge, sprawling garden but it certainly gets results, effortlessly cutting through high grass, weeds and hedges. Having had weeks of constant rain, the high grass hadn't had the chance to dry out but again this was no obstacle to the magic machine. Eventually we had a couple of days without rain, sufficient time to dry out the grass and this enabled me to cut it with the lawnmower.
This summer may have been a write-off in so many ways, but at least I now have the tools to make a very difficult job much easier.

2 comments:
How do you feel this compares to a tradtional hedge trimmer? Does the small blade make it effective in your opinion? I think if you've only got a very small amount of hedge, or perhaps a small hedge pot plant, then they're the ideal solution. I certainly wouldn't want to work too large an area with them though.
I'm not able to comment on the comparison to a traditional hedge trimmer as I've never used one before - had to suffer years of using manual shears instead!
The attachments for hedge and grass are certainly small but effective and I agree they would probably work better in a smaller area, or for topiary/buxus hedge plants, but 50 minutes charge enables a large area to be covered. I particularly found the grass cutter attachment very useful for cutting down high grass which had grown after weeks and weeks of heavy rain.
Post a Comment