Pages

Friday, 25 November 2016

What part of "I'm not coming back" don't you understand?

Disgraceful behaviour from my former TV provider this week.

I counted a total of 21 logged calls to my mobile over the past few days from the same number which turned out to belong to my former TV provider.  Luckily I have a call blocker on my phone which means that they didn't get through.

The calls are coming from the same company which put me through an inquisition just 3-4 months ago when I contacted them to advise that I was leaving to join another provider.  I was on the phone for almost an hour, during which time I was offered numerous half price deals to tempt me to stay, given that I had been such a loyal customer for so many years.  My response was that if my loyalty was so valued, why had I not been offered these deals beforehand?

My gripe is not with the workers in the contact centres who have scripts to read, certain questions to ask and above all, targets to meet.  But it would be nice if someone's decision was respected when they decided to move on.

There may come a time when I'll have had enough of my current provider.  But right now, I'm perfectly happy and have no plans to change.  Try telling that to my "telly ex" which continues to bombard me with "come back" special offers and the torrent of phone calls.   Just what part of "I'm not coming back" don't you understand?

No comments: