Pages

Thursday, 9 March 2017

Seven!!!!

Having a little Len Goodman moment here (!) but there is a very good reason for it....I weighed-in today (instead of my usual Friday) to discover the very pleasant news that I lost another 1lb this past week which means that I have lost half a stone in total since rejoining Slimming World Online at the beginning of February 2017.  It's worth noting that the weight loss has been through dieting alone, as I haven't been able to exercise due to the combination of knee pain and a very busy schedule.  In the past I have struggled to achieve any significant weight loss without exercise, so this is a major achievement for me and I am very happy with it.  

The plan has been hard work as over the past weeks, I've spent more time in the kitchen preparing lunches and dinners rather than going for the easy option: however when you see results on the scale it's all worth it.  

To make the plan more achievable I have split it into 'mini-goals'.  As I have achieved the first one, I'm going to give myself a little break and take a couple of weeks off, then "part 2" will start, in which I will try to lose yet another 7lbs.  That is going to be a big challenge, but I'm planning the reintroduction of exercise in order to speed the weight loss along.

In the meantime, I went for a very enjoyable ("non-diet"!) lunch with my friend today, which was lovely :)

No comments: