However, since the beginning of May I have had a throat infection and leftovers which just wouldn't go away; then more recently there was an accident which I don't want to go into detail about but suffice to say there have been some nasty injuries which it will take some time to recover from. Then in two other unrelated incidents I have sustained back and shoulder injuries, the latter being a repeat of the one I had just over a year ago which forced me to quit the gym.
As I am unable to exercise, my physical health has gone into yet another downward spiral. Feeling exhausted and just living for sleep right now. Although even that's a struggle as I am still in so much pain.
I had managed to lose a bit of weight after the cruise but due to everything that's happened since, and of course going on another holiday and enjoying all that lovely food, meant that it's all piled back on. Oh well, never mind. The main priority right now is overcoming all these aches and pains and once that happens, I can focus on getting fit again and losing a bit of weight. Dieting is still off the agenda!
In spite of how I've been feeling lately, my mood is pretty good, although the past week has been rather stressful. My thinking has shifted from anxiety about what I can't do (e.g. my house once had a back garden, now it is a jungle), to just taking care of myself and exercising the maximum self-compassion. Which is all you need, Particularly on a day like today, as I'll explain in the next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment