Pages

Friday, 5 December 2008

Same old same old

This weekend sees the annual ritual of the office Christmas night out. I used to be an enthusiastic participant but bailed out about 6 years ago and haven't really regretted it. Whilst it's nice to get all glammed up for the evening, you begin to wonder if it's all worth it - you sit down to overpriced conveyor-belt food, followed by dancing to music so predictable you're wishing the DJ had been shot at birth. Did you really go to all that trouble to get ready so that you could dance to the same music which has been played at every wedding and every party since the year dot?

I happened to mention to one of my work colleagues today that I wasn't going to the party, and he asked if it was "because they're not playing any European music?". I thought that was quite funny and my mind started to wander...

Imagine if I got to programme the music for the Christmas night out? Why have the Drifters, "Mustang Sally" and "Angels" when you could all be bopping around to BWO, Alcazar and Christophe Willem? ;)

2 comments:

Raquelita said...

That would be the best Christmas party ever! And of course,me and Keira could possibly help out,being superstar DJs and all :)

I have my first ever office party next week.It's in the canteen at 3pm,I can only imagine what fun that's going to be...

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Of course I'd have to get the Sounds of Europe posse on board :)

Throw in a bit of Sergey and end the evening with "Work Your Magic"...makes me think of an advert - "Carlsberg don't do Christmas parties but if they did it would probably be the best Christmas party in the world" :)

Hope you enjoy your office party, fingers crossed !! :))