Pages

Tuesday, 17 February 2009

No pain, no gain

This blog seems to have turned into the diary of my dieting rollercoaster.

After a week of three-big-dinners-and-a-1lb-gain, the hard work restarted, this time with added water drinking and throwing myself back into aerobics and bending and toning and trying to knock my body into some kind of shape. I don't know what kind of shape, but some kind.....!

I've bust my knee, so I can't pound the mini-stepper any more, and my enthusiastic waist-moulding side-bending has now resulted in two rather painful injuries and a body which is now screaming at me, begging to make it stop.

A night off tomorrow, I think.

The one thing I don't have a problem with is walking to and from work, I have to climb up a steep hill in the morning but it's a pleasure going downhill. Need to choose my walking-music more carefully though and not leave me at the mercy of iPod on shuffle. DO NOT walk down a hill, or up a hill for that matter, to "Rusty Halo" by The Script, which now rivals Girls Aloud's "Something Kinda Oooh" as the world's fastest walking-song.

The best? "Maneater" by Nelly Furtado takes some beating. Perfect beats per minute to walk to.

So between a body in pain, excessive PMT, work stress and still no news about my Gothenburg concert tickets, it was not the best of days.

However I'm glad to say, touch wood, that I don't really let these things get me down for too long. Tomorrow will be a better day, I know it will. :))

No comments: