Pages

Tuesday, 17 March 2009

What's Your Flava?







Regular readers of this ol' blog will be well aware that I'm a crispaholic, so I couldn't resist Walkers' latest publicity stunt where they invited the great British public to invent some new flavours, and then get the same great British public to vote for their favourite and the winner will become the new Walkers flavour.
OK so far so good.
Till I actually tasted the flavours.
Duck and Hoisin Sauce - yuck. I took about 3 out of the packet and couldn't stand it any longer. And anyone who knows me will know that once I start a packet of crisps I finish it.
Fish and Chips - yuck. A kind of salt and vinegar meets prawn cocktail combination, only worse.
Builders Breakfast - bland, with a disturbing hint of egg. Enough said.
Onion Bhaji - this was actually ok, as it did what it said on the packet. Nice and onion-ey.
Cajun Squirrel - reassured by the fact that "no squirrels were harmed in the making of these crisps" I actually found them to be the most bearable of the lot.
Chilli and Chocolate - a bizarre combination, but strangely it seemed to work although those little hints of cocoa-powder did get on my nerves after a while.
Verdict: is this the best they could do?? I wouldn't particularly want to meet up with any of this lot again, but I suppose if I was forced to then I'd have to choose Cajun Squirrel. (A name change would be nice though).

No comments: