Day 3 of the heatwave, 24 degrees, dry, sunny, hot (getting unbearably hot now indoors at EuropeCrazy HQ, trying not to complain as these are very rare occasions and they don't last).
I don't 'do' sunbathing, but something very strange happened yesterday as I decided 'if you can't beat them, join them' and so I took my chair outside, applied and re-applied the factor 35 sun cream. On with the iPod and away we go. It didn't last. I got bored. But yay for the factor 35 as I still resemble a milk bottle. But you know what? I don't care. I'd rather be a milk bottle than a 'sun protection? no thanks' lobster anyday, and believe me I saw plenty of them in town today :)
I still don't 'do' sunbathing and don't really understand the appeal of it. When I go on holiday I can't sit still for any length of time, so to lie on a sun lounger for me would be the definition of boredom, not to mention a very dangerous pursuit with my fair skin...
(But I'm a big believer in each to their own, so if sunbathing is your 'bag' then I'm ok with that, but as long as you remember to stay safe and put on lots of high factor sun cream!)
No comments:
Post a Comment