Right so anyway I'm now in the early stages of a rotten cold, my throat feels raw, (there aren't enough Strepsils in the world to soothe it) my ears are sore, the top half of my body aches and I generally feel like ****.
I would hazard a guess that faithful travelling companion, in his infinite generosity, probably passed it on to me at the weekend - he had a very similar cold at the beginning of last week. Although I'm trying not to name and shame and blame at this point, as there are millions of horrible little viruses floating around in the air at any given time.
And as if that's not bad enough, it's Tuesday tomorrow which of course is presentation-day, tomorrow will be the 4th one out of the 6 I have to do, next one is in two weeks at my own team's development day and the final one is in mid-November I think, then comes the massive sigh of relief :)
I'm my own biggest critic and I still don't feel satisfied with my performance. I know what I want to say and I'm glad I've got my notes to refer to, but standing up in a room and talking to a group of your peers doesn't get any less scary as the weeks go on. Suppose it will be better this week though, was in a bit of a panic last week about other stuff which thankfully sorted itself out.
Apart from all that, life is good, but I've been enjoying the good life a bit too much lately, cue the disappearance of the waistline and the unwanted return of the double chin. Must really get back into the fitness-thing after I feel better!
No comments:
Post a Comment