
I've rediscovered Sunshimmer by Rimmel lately, which is a joy for someone like me who could very easily get mistaken for a milk bottle in an identity parade, and is the ideal short-term solution to avoiding fake tan disasters.
Putting EuropeCrazy (the blog) on hold for a few weeks (all things being well, it's back on 19th July) has allowed me to concentrate on some stuff at home - mainly decluttering, nothing too exciting - as well as the daily ritual of watching the World Cup, which has been one massive anti-climax so far. Although having said that, we've missed the football over the last couple of nights....normal service resumes tomorrow. And then it will be time for my favourite sporting event of the year: Le Tour, which begins on Saturday.
Happy summer things aside, I'm going through a lot of stress right now. (I'll give you a clue: in the work/life balance, it's not the life bit) On the one hand, I'm trying to get fit to deal better with it all, on the other hand I have completely crashed into a phase of comfort eating. You can't win :( But I am still very thankful that I have a job at all, in this current climate. And in spite of everything, I do like my job, and I work beside lots of lovely people too.
The thing I really hate at the moment is my hair. You can tell I'm not any happier with it since it was cut a few weeks ago. As time goes on it's beginning to resemble a bad footballer's mullet. *Stands in front of mirror and recites 'it will grow back.....it will grow back...."*
2 comments:
Mullets are still all the rage in parts of Eastern Europe you know :) I'm a bit sick of my hair too.It's about 5 different colours at the minute due to several dye jobs and the fact that my hair is about as slow as a disabled snail when it comes to growing.
So excited about Le Tour.All that lovely scenery combined with the hot weather at the minute means you can pretend you're on holiday when you watch it :)
Mullets!! I saw a few during all my German holidays too. Something else I remember from holidaying in Eastern/Central Europe was that women of a certain age all seemed to be dyeing their hair a bright burgundy red colour. (I've been partial to changing my hair colour too, it's a wonder the hair hasn't fallen out, although I'm sticking with Nice N' Easy Natural Warm Auburn for the moment).
I love Le Tour! I originally got into it all those years ago, back in the late 80s when Channel 4 used to broadcast race highlights every night. I used to watch it more for the scenery than the bike race, but now I'm interested in both. So yes, I'm going to have a "virtual holiday" in La France over the next 3 weeks too!
Post a Comment