After having my suspicions over the past week or so, I finally threw up my hands in the air yesterday and admitted that I'm going through yet another bout of the winter blues. For a number of years I've suffered from SAD (seasonal affective disorder) as, apparently, do millions of other people in this country.
When you get to the stage when you're no longer able to function, when you're unable to cope with even the simplest task, when you just want to shut the door and never come back out of the house, when you find it 99% impossible to socially interact with your workmates and friends, then that's the time to admit it's back again. The hardest part is trying to explain it to people who don't understand, who think you're just being anti-social, or weird, or just plain "off" with them. When in fact I'm still the same old me, only shut inside this dark tunnel with everything closing in. So I know what to do to make it better...getting the light box out this week, and going to try Vitamin D (one of my friends suggested this really works).
It wasn't all bad yesterday though: I have lost 2lbs this week, bringing my total weight loss over the last 4 weeks to = 4lbs. Have also lost inches over the last couple of weeks and starting to notice a difference in my body shape.
Something really good happened today: I went shopping in Matalan and bought a fabulous little black lace mini-dress which I'm going to wear to a Christmas night out. The best thing of all was that it was in a smaller size than what I usually buy! Here it is, courtesy of the Matalan website:

3 comments:
Ooh I love that dress.Wish I hadn't clicked the link now though,I want everything on the website!
Oooh, pretty. I hear lace is very 'in' this season. I like.
Rachel - lots of really good stuff in Matalan just now - highly recommended!
Keira - yes apparently lace is 'in' at the moment :) It's really nice and I'm still in shock that I bought something which was a size 14- now that's a rarity !!
Post a Comment