Pages

Sunday, 21 December 2014

It's a wrap (almost)

Last week was probably the busiest week of my year.  Not only did I have a great night out at the panto (oh yes we did!) but I was also responsible for wrapping a very large number of presents for my section colleagues at work, and trying to buy some last-minute purchases and beginning the big food shop.  Busy enough so far, then throw a rotten cold into the mix which I've spent all week trying to recover from, only for it to come back last night.  So here I am blogging from my sick bed, I usually do lots of housework on Sunday morning but have allowed myself the luxury of a lie-in today!  The good news though is that I'm now on leave and not back at work till the 29th. 

There's just a few presents to be wrapped, and some overdue blog posts to be written (the 2014-50 should start making an appearance over at EuropeCrazy at some point this week!).  Today is the winter solstice, which is an appropriate metaphor for my own mood.  There are little spring-like shoots of happiness beginning to appear, and now that all the things that stress me out in the lead-up to Christmas have now come and gone, I can get on with the happy stuff - spending quality time with mum and faithful travelling companion, and enjoying the luxury of some free time at last.

Now I just wish this cold would hurry up and go away....!

No comments: