Pages

Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Happy life-changing things

You'll remember that rather gloomy previous post about my miserable year and how I was hoping for this life-changing thing to happen.  Well, yesterday it became official. 

In January I will join the world of the part-time workers.  Well at least for a couple of months anyway, to see how it goes.  Working 4 days a week instead of 5 should help me to achieve that much-desired "work-life balance", give me more time to deal with all my extra caring responsibilities whilst improving my focus when I'm at work.  And it won't be all work and no play either: I can take mum out for coffee, or some retail therapy during the week instead of at the weekend when the crowds can be overwhelming. 

I'm also envisaging a positive impact on my own health and fitness, and am targeting some serious weight loss and improvement in my overall wellbeing.  And you never know....I might even have time to blog more regularly.  Win-win, I think you'll agree. 

So here's to a fresh start and happier times :)

No comments: