I had seriously considered taking up a gym membership but quickly reconsidered due to the hefty monthly fees. And besides, what's the point of joining a gym if I have an exercise bike, a mini stepper, hand weights and numerous other fitness items at home? The money which I'd have spent on that gym membership can now go straight into the holiday fund. Talking of which, we are taking our spring city break in Brussels this year, and are pretty excited about that too!
Therefore I decided that I'm getting fit at home, for free. The week started with some pretty intensive aerobics, which I used to do regularly. Surprisingly I coped pretty well, although some of the leg exercises seemed to have the opposite effect and proved just how unfit I am. Yet on the other hand, I felt as if my general fitness levels had increased dramatically after just 3 days, and it also had a very positive impact on my mood too, towards the end of the week.
The one thing I've decided not to do is to weigh myself until the end of the 9 weeks: my main focus is on losing inches, toning up and improving my physical and mental fitness, rather than becoming too focused on what the scales say.
Onwards to week 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment