Pages

Wednesday, 6 May 2015

The storm after the calm

I have had enough of certain situations which have basically f***** my life up.

No more will they wreck my happiness.
No more will they rewrite history and forget everything good that I have ever done.
No more will they undermine or destroy me.
No more will they make me feel inadequate or stop me from believing in my own worth.

No more of it.

As I said over on Twitter a few hours ago, I'm particularly angry with myself because I have allowed all this crap to sidetrack me from the things which always make me happy at this time of year: my holiday preparations and the lead-up to Eurovision week.  I have focused my attentions on all the negative aspects of my life at the expense of the people and things I love.

As they say in the movies, "enough already!".

But words can't describe just how bloody angry I am.  And not with myself.  Yet anger is not my default emotion: people always describe me as "nice" as if I am not allowed to have any other aspect of my personality on show.  But right now I'm angry.  And that anger will only subside if there is acceptance of who I am and what I do.  But that seems to be a long way off :(

No comments: