Pages

Sunday, 14 June 2015

EuropeCrazy's World of Slimming: Week 1 weigh-in

Weight loss: 3lbs
BMI reduction: 0.5

What a week that was.  My first week on Slimming World turned out to be a fascinating journey of discovery into a new world of free foods, healthy extras and syns.  And by the time I stepped on the scales this morning, I discovered that I had lost 3lbs in my first week!  That may not sound much when you hear about people losing 7lbs in a week, but it's a gigantic achievement for me and I'm delighted with it.  I've also had a lot of unrelated pain and fatigue this past week which has prevented me from doing much walking or exercise (and three days of extremely hot weather didn't help), so to lose all that weight by following the plan on its own makes it even more of a successful result.

It has been very easy to follow the plan as many of the foods which I already eat are termed 'free' foods, and the 'syn' values mean that I've pretty much wiped out my crisps addiction too.

Being very realistic I know that I'm probably not going to achieve that kind of loss every week, but I will be very happy with every pound I lose.  

Now I'm off to the kitchen to make a batch of some home-made soups for this week's lunches....


No comments: