So I haven't quite mastered total internet detox, and there hasn't been enough hours in the day to get those outstanding blog posts done. I have also hurt my back in a freak injury over the past week so mobility's a challenge and exercise is out :(
I do have some news though: I've only gone and joined Slimming World. Drastic measures are called for, and I've seen a lot of people doing very well on it, so on the spur of the moment I decided to sign up for the online version of this very popular weight-loss plan. Going to a class will never be my thing, especially when it comes to weight loss, so I'm sticking to online tracking.
I'm doing this initially for 3 months although if it's successful I may just continue for a further 3 months in the lead-up to Christmas. It's quite a different concept, all those "free foods", many of which are my favourites anyway. And as for the "syns"....well this could finally help me to kick my crisp addiction for good.
Today I went supermarket shopping for fresh foods and other staples which will form the basis of some cooked-from-scratch treats. They may all have been "free foods" on SW but definitely not free when it came to the till (lol!) Slimming is a costly business isn't it! Perhaps all those who persistently moan about this country's OBESITY TIMEBOMB! should be lobbying for a reduction in the price of healthy food. Especially fruit. The price of fruit - particularly my favourite strawberries, raspberries and blackberries - is outrageous.
Anyway after spending hours last night familiarising myself with the whole Slimming World concept, I'm still amazed that people can still eat all that stuff and lose weight. Will I be one of those people? Can a menopausal woman with a shoddy metabolism succeed on this plan? Well, I will just need to stick to the plan and get on with it! More to follow....
No comments:
Post a Comment