My year seems to be marked out by milestones. Eurovision season. Our May spring break. Our September holiday. My birthday. The flu jab. The inevitable gloom of October to December, and so on.
We have just returned from a fabulous holiday in Mallorca, and I fully intend to publish my holiday diaries over at EuropeCrazy within the next couple of weeks. Anyway the next milestone is my birthday, this coming Wednesday. Unfortunately my return to work (after my traditional 2 week September holiday break) comes just before my birthday - I need to get that right one of these years, as everyone seems to take their birthday off :)
It's not a big birthday, but it's a milestone nonetheless. For it will be my first birthday without my mum. And even though she didn't make a big thing of birthdays (and Mother's Day was deemed a non-event, as per both mum and gran) I am anticipating that Wednesday is going to be a day of very mixed emotions.
No comments:
Post a Comment