But the past seven days have been an extremely miserable place as last Thursday I fell victim to yet another horrible viral infection, a very similar one to that which I had in June, which had its usual 'leftovers' which left me struggling to get through the week, battling a constant cough as well as the usual sinus hell which these things always leave me with. As if that wasn't bad enough, my eyes decided to come out in sympathy on Monday. So we can add conjunctivitis to an already growing ailment list. On a totally shallow note, the worst thing about the eye infection was that I had to go eye make-up free to work for two whole days. The horror of it! :)) My boss, who I can also luckily call my great friend, had a good chuckle at my predicament, but then she can get away with anything!!
Today I woke up and the red-eye was gone. Normal Laura was resumed, my trademark eyeliner and mascara back on, and if I can just shake off this horrible post-viral cough all will be well once more. The down-side of the past week has been a loss of appetite and struggling to eat, which is definitely not like me!
For various other reasons, today was a very good day. I won't go into all of it, as it involves other people whose privacy will remain private, but their happy news made me very happy too. I also had a brilliant trip to the theatre today, review to turn up eventually (definitely before Christmas) over at EuropeCrazy.
I'm beginning to feel like I'm finally cracking Christmas. The whole Christmas card writing, and accompanying letters which I always send at this time of year, has turned out to be more therapeutic than I first thought. I am triggering/grasping opportunities to re-establish broken family links because life is too short and I'm quite frankly fed up of meeting people only at funerals rather than on happier/normal occasions. I don't know where it's all going but at least I can say that I tried :)
No comments:
Post a Comment