Yesterday I submitted to the 10-yearly ritual of having my passport photo taken, with predictably depressing results. The 2006 photo at least still had something remotely youthful about it, although in retrospect the impulsive black hair maybe wasn't such a good idea as I spent the subsequent 10 years on every shade of the hair colour spectrum with everything from bright orange to my current toned down mix of auburn/mid-brown hair.
Looking at my new photo which will represent me on my passport for the next 10 years, I can't help but feel more than a little bit depressed. For I have puffy lines on my cheeks which weren't there before, and I just look....well, I just look old, and tired. Now despite being fortunate enough to have inherited those fabulous genes from my mum and my gran which means that I can get away with looking, well, at least a few years younger than my real age, the passport photo completely overturns that theory.
As if that wasn't bad enough, I had to push up my trademark long fringe, as per passport photo guidelines, so that didn't please me either. But rules are rules, so I'll just have to live with that.
On the positive side, the passport photo is a necessary evil of a new passport, which, fingers crossed, means travel opportunities ahead (health and finances permitting of course) and more holidays to write about over at http://europecrazy.blogspot.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment