Well, a lot has happened in the past 7 days. The story so far...
I took out a membership at the local sports centre last weekend. On Monday I had a day off work and thought I'd use it constructively. First stop, the pool, for an aqua-aerobics class to ease myself in. That really did the trick, although it's tougher than it looks to do all those exercise moves in the water! I also had a few stretches in the pool to help loosen up some very stiff leg muscles. A quick trip to the sauna and then home for a while before returning to the sports centre for a pre-arranged gym induction.
I have always found the idea of going to a gym to be very intimidating, so it was an achievement even walking through that door. However it wasn't long before I was trying out all the various machines. As I have an exercise bike at home, it was good to try out some variations including a recumbent bike. The cross-trainer was more difficult than I remember, as my co-ordination is not the best!
Having left the gym feeling a little tired, but also with a feeling of triumph that I'd plucked up the courage to go, I headed home. However, shortly after returning home I had a nasty fall in the house which resulted in excruciating pain and some horrible bruises all over my legs. So I could forget a quick return to the gym and the pool will have to wait until those bruises have cleared up.
Happily, the pain didn't last too long (although I'm still badly bruised so can forget the pool for a while) and I was back in the gym on Thursday, trying out some more of the equipment. My fitness journey has a long, long way to go, but I've made a start.
Since coming back from holiday I've been trying to eat healthily. It was a very pleasant surprise to discover that I'd lost 1¼ lbs since my last weigh-in before our holiday.
This week: hoping to slot in a couple of trips to the gym in-between what is going to be a very busy week indeed. Not only is it Eurovision week but there's lots of other stuff going on as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment