Been back from Turkey for almost a week and my blogging output has been minimal to say the least. No it's not bloggers-block this time, just been caught up in my latest little project, getting my music collection in order, cataloguing and putting it all into a nice big database. Being the obsessive list-making computer geek that I am, this should come as no surprise ha ha.
Anyway the last week has flown by, with its mix of retail therapy, leisurely lunches and work, rest and play. I'm trying not to feel that sense of impending doom about the end of my summer holiday fortnight, but the fact remains that it is the last day of my holiday and yes I'm feeling fed up about that.
But I need to go back to work tomorrow so I can earn more money to save up for the next holiday!! Also consoling myself a little that it's only a four day week and it won't be long till the weekend. At which time the annual autumn EuropeCrazy HQ house-painting bonanza will begin again: this seems to be a little tradition which I introduced for the following reasons:
a) to keep the post-holiday/dark night blues at bay;
b) to freshen up the house in time for Christmas (yes it's not long now, and I've had my first sighting of cards, gift bags and big chocolate boxes in the shops. It's only a matter of time till Poundland gets the Christmas CD on)
Oh, and there is also the small matter of my birthday this Wednesday. Trying to stay upbeat about this as I don't look or act my age, which is only a number blah blah blah. :O
No comments:
Post a Comment