We're off to Turkey on Monday for our summer holiday. I can't believe where the time has gone, as it feels as if we're just back from our last one (Dusseldorf in May).
I'm looking forward to this one with a mix of excitement and slight trepidation. Being the seasoned city-breakers that we are, we don't traditionally do "package holidays" as that kind of thing isn't really our scene, so this is a big change and we're well out of our comfort zone here.
I know you're supposed to relax on holiday but if I'm being honest, I don't really do relaxation! However, recent weeks could only be described as manic and stressful, so for once I'm looking forward to going on a holiday where the pace will be slowed right down.
We love discovering new cultures so this should be another big change. I know a lot of people who have been to Turkey, past and present, and they have all loved it. So we head off with open minds, and fingers crossed that the heavy rain stops and the temperature doesn't go too far above 30 degrees.
The only problem now is trying to make room in my rather small suitcase for all the souvenirs I'm going to buy over there...... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment