Pages

Saturday, 2 May 2015

Fitness plan 2015: week 8 round-up

Been a bad girl this week.  Did some walking though, but the combination of a sinus infection and some emotional stuff meant that a) I wasn't really well enough to exercise and b) the return of comfort eating, despite my vow that I wasn't going to do that any more.

Oh well :(

Last week I had to go and buy some bigger sized clothes for my forthcoming holiday.  I stood in the middle of one of the shops and thought, why am I doing this?  I have wardrobes full of lovely clothes, many of them nicer than some of the hideous garish patterned junk passing itself off as spring fashion, but the problem is that I have outgrown them.  So there was some motivation, but then real life got in the way again and old, bad habits returned.

It's funny when you read all these newspaper/magazine articles, these motivational stories about people losing large amounts of weight, that when you see the 'before' and 'after' picture, the 'before' picture is inevitably a holiday photo,  If there is one consolation for my spring diet failure it is that I am going on a city break rather than a resort holiday, so don't have to worry about how I look in sun dresses or shorts.  But if all goes well, we're hoping to get away for our main summer holiday in September, so I'll have just under 4 months to sort it out.  AGAIN.

There are still some negative aspects outwith my control, which continue to mess with my mind and get in the way of my good intentions, so I guess my main objective in the coming months will be to try and put all that aside and concentrate on improving my own health and wellbeing.  But Brussels beckons, with its beer and chips and waffles and numerous eating out opportunities, so all that healthy stuff will have to wait!

No comments: